Surviving Prop 22 and AB 5: A Guild Workshop, Wed, Dec 16, 5:30-7 pm PST
The Pacific Media Workers Guild and The NewsGuild-CWA represent a growing sector of freelancers. Guild Freelancers comprise independent journalists and media professionals, and advocates vigorously on their behalf in the marketplace, the Legislature, and the public mind. We work to provide benefits, services, and educational programs for our members as the publishing, communications and social media industries evolve.
What to expect for California’s freelancers
The politics and business of being a freelancer – in California’s changed environment for freelancers and independent contractors:
• What is Prop 22? Who is affected? How did it happen? How does it affect us?
• What are AB 5 and its successor legislation, AB 2257? How did they happen? How do we live with them? How can we preserve our careers?
Join a Zoom meeting of the Guild Freelancers, open to all freelancers. Questions? Contact us as
Speakers and Hosts
• Michael Applegate, Executive Director, Pacific Media Workers Guild
• David Bacon, Co-Chair, Guild Freelancers
• Mitch Steiger, Legislative Advocate, California Labor Federation
• Mike Bradley, Secretary and Contract Advisor, Guild Freelancers
Meeting ID: 897 0651 9784
To join audio by phone, dial 408-638-0968