- This event has passed.
March Executive Committee Meeting
March 18 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
March 18 @ 10 am – 12 pm
TO ATTEND THE MEETING
Zoom Meeting Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/5570450039
To join audio by phone, dial: 669-900-6833
Meeting ID: 557 045 0039
A. Call to order
B. Approve Feb meeting minutes
C. Approve agenda
D. President’s Report
1. New Member Report
E. Treasurer’s Report
- Feb Monthly Budget vs Actuals
- Review recommendations from auditor re: 2022 audited financials
F. Executive Officer’s Report
- Pending: Press Democrat campaign for voluntary recognition of Sonoma Media Investment workers
- Next: spring announcement of three union drives (96 new members)
- Maui News ULP re: retaliation for protected activity: Guild won! See settlement.
- Maui News ULP re: refusal to negotiate: withdrawn
- Maui News Shift Differential Grievance/ ULP: under investigation by board
- Maui News: investigating grievance re: misclassified worker + refusal to pay dues
- Press Democrat issue re: non-members performing Guild work: pending
- Daily Kos ULP re: refusal to negotiate over wrongful termination: under investigation by board
- Daily Kos ULP re: bad faith bargaining
- East Bay Times: Guild is investigating whether a recent termination was without cause
3. Current and upcoming bargaining
- Daily Kos layoffs and next steps
- Reveal – Center for Investigative Reporting: certification completed March 6, layoff negotiations began March 9.
- Ongoing Negotiations:
- Chronicle, BANG, Monterey Herald, Sacramento Bee, Press Democrat, Maui News, Tribune-Herald, California Labor Federation, Daily Kos first contract
- Thanks to those who gathered for Caroline Grannan’s retirement party!
- Bay News Rising 2023 – report from Annie Sciacca
- Recruitment for April 8th Troublemakers School
G. Report from Michael Cabanatuan re: International Guild Executive Council Work
H. Report from Legislative and Political Committee Chair, Richard Knee
- Leg/Pol recommends to EC that Guild write to judge, asking for new trial and release from prison for Mumia Abu Jamal
- Leg/Pol recommends Guild support of AB 800, which would require teaching in high schools about workers’ rights.
I. Building Corps Report
J. Old Business
K. New Business
M. Executive Session
2023 MEETING SCHEDULE
Guild Executive Committee Meetings are held every third Saturday of the month from 10 am-noon. On holiday weekends, we move the meeting to the Thursday evening prior to the holiday, see the schedule below.
We are meeting virtually for the foreseeable future.
Members are encouraged to join and listen in. The Local Representative Assembly and General Membership meet with the EC every other meeting. Agendas and updates will be posted here at mediaworkers.org.
- EC Meeting, Saturday January 21
- EC/RA/GM Meeting, 6-8 pm Thursday, February 16th (moved for President’s Day)
- EC Meeting, Saturday, March 18
- EC/ RA/ GM Meeting, Saturday, April 15
- EC Meeting, Saturday, May 20
- EC/RA/ GM Meeting, 6-8 pm Thursday, June 15 (moved for Juneteenth)
- July – Summer break, no meeting
- EC Meeting, Saturday, August 19
- EC/RA/GM Meeting, Saturday, September 16 (General Membership Meeting)
- EC Meeting, Saturday, October 21
- EC/RA/GM Meeting, Saturday, November 18
- December – Winter break, no meeting